I was recently nominated by the lovely Isabel to do the Creative Blogger Award tag/questionnaire. You should definitely check out her blog, she has great posts and is just hilarrrioouus. Seriously! Thanks again, Isabel :)
- Thank the person who nominated you and add their blog link.
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 blogs and add their blog links.
- Notify the bloggers that you nominated for the award.
- Pass the rules along.
Let’s get started!
1. If this wasn't obvious already, I really enjoy photography. It is a HUGE hobby of mine, like, every weekend I just go around and take pictures. I have only recently starting exploring it more when I took a photography class at PhotoUno last fall (it was great!). I shoot with a Canon DSLR and a 50 mm 1.8 lens. Two areas I hope to explore more include food photography and prop styling.
2. I LOOOVVEE lattes. I'm always on the hunt to find the perfect latte. Currently I am loving Le Pain Quotidien's cafe au lait. I also think Cafe Grumpy does a pretty good latte (think LOTS of foam). Pair either with a croissant and I'm the happiest girl around.
3. I really
like love reading. The hardcover, print, physical kind, with thick pages that I can feel with my hands and flip around when I want to look back on a chapter or re-read a sentence. I don't really have a favorite book, but a couple of recent ones I have read include The Girl on the Train and All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel.
4. I am from Texas, and the majority of my family is from there, so I miss them a LOT. I have a younger brother, little sis, and two nephews. I also miss my family pets there. But...I do love living in the city and having such a unique adventure with my husband. <3
5. My favorite shows include Mad Men, Gilmore Girls, and most anything on HGTV!
Yesterday marked my three month blog-i-versary! :D This has been such a fun and exciting journey so far and has really allowed me to tap into my creative side. If there is one thing about me that has been a constant, it has been the need and drive to create. As soon as I was able to hold a pen, all I wanted to do was draw. Growing up, my parents had converted our garage into a playroom, and among the toys and TV and games they put in a chunky, wooden, round desk. This desk was my life. I would spend hours there--drawing, coloring, painting--quiet and pensive, completely absorbed in my work. My dad told me he had been worried about me-- I was so shy and reclusive, so completely entertained and satisfied with being alone and in my element - he worried I would be too shy to make friends! (This all changed as soon as I started playing sports in second grade.) My coloring desk days sparked an interest in the creative process that has continued with me my whole life.
No matter what season of life I am in, the need to create has always been in my blood. It began with simple drawings and coloring Disney books, to creating music with piano and guitar, to scrapbooking, to photography, to writing poetry, to cooking, to baking, and now blogging! Blogging is seriously one of the best creative outlets. It constantly challenges me, forces me to think of new ideas and things to make, which ultimately makes me feel so alive and happy. I hope to continue this blogging journey for a long time! <3