To quote Hemingway: “We ate well and cheaply and drank well and cheaply and slept well and warm together and loved each other.” - A Moveable Feast This is a very long post, filled with some of my favorite pictures of the trip. I could make long comments on every photo, but then the post would be twice as long, so the pictures will just have to speak for themselves. All in all, it was an inspiring, refreshing, exhausting, food-filled, and creative discovery.
Hotel de Invalides and around
Jardin du Luxembourg
Trocadero, Eiffel Tower
Madeline in Paris
Walking around the Seine
Arc de Triomphe
Tour de Eiffel
Wohoo you made it to the end!
Some observations Kyle and I made during our trip:
- The Paris metro is so much cleaner than the NYC subway (NO rats in sight, guys)
- The food portions in Paris were much bigger than NY portion size (and it was surprisingly cheap)
- every homeless man we saw had a dog with them (??!?)
- French people are very friendly (and stylish and artistic and have pretty hair).
- coffee (cafe) is an experience and something meant to be leisurely enjoyed.
- euros look too much like monopoly money and therefore made it much too easy to spend.