Exciting things happened this week on the block where I work:
1) The Le Pain Quotidien finally opened that has been under construction for weeks. It is now literally right under my work building, and fortunately/unfortunately fresh French croissants and jam are only steps away from the front doors!
2) I became a gold member on the Starbucks app!! I don't even go there that often (I like to make coffee at home remember?), but this week I guess they launched a new rewards program and it bumped me up to gold status which just makes me feel fancy. The one by my work has now upped their game with the new competition that just arrived. They had my drink ready so fast!
3) Spring is popping up everywhere, from the cherry blossoms to the magnolia trees to the tulips lined up outside the bodegas. We got a lot of rain at the beginning of this week and now the aftermath is simply lovely.
Anyway Happy Friday! I thought I'd do something a little different and show you guys some links I have been loving all week. There's just so many great things on the Internet, and I just have to share:
This bubble tea oatmeal by Two Red Bowls has me so intrigued!
These pretty artichokes by With Food and Love.
Hahaha. This is why being the oldest sometimes has its benefits.
Not sure how I feel about Beyonce's new workout line. (??)
The Love and Lemons cookbook came out recently and I am just in love with nearly every recipe!
Actually wait, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 2 comes out today! Here's your new weekend plans!
Garlic, Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, rinsed and sliced into small florets
- 3 tbl. olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, sliced
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425. In a large bowl add sliced cauliflower. Add olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Using hands, mix to combine until evenly coated. Spread out on baking sheet.
Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. In the last 10 minutes of baking add sliced garlic to pan. Let cool and serve either warm or at room temperature!