Football season is officially over and our version of a super bowl party was to lie on the couch in pajamas while Kyle took a chemistry quiz online and I searched Pinterest for cake recipes using buttermilk, all while having Shake Shack in our bellies. My favorite commercial was the weiner dogs dressed as hot dogs running in a field toward ketchup bottles. Did anyone else see that one? I was so happy an Aggie won MVP of the game. Gig 'em!
So while our Super Bowl "party" of two maybe wasn't so exciting, I did have a small pre-Valentines party on Saturday in the form of a Galentines brunch, a la Leslie Knope. While I do think Valentines is a little silly and highly commercialized, I can't pass up an opportunity of an entire day to celebrate love! And not just with your significant other, but also with your friends and family. I do think we should show love everyday though, and not just one day a year!
Whatever you end up doing, make sure you spend it with people you love and don't make a big deal if you don't have extravagant plans. Here is the recipe for a low key and fun galentines brunch:
- Chicken and Waffles!
- for the chicken, you can use frozen or homemade, I opted for frozen popcorn chicken to make my life easier
- Whole Wheat Waffles
- Maple syrup and honey for topping
- Fresh fruit
- Donut holes
- Cheap bubbly + OJ
- Eggs in some shape or form (we had veggie frittatas)
- Taylor Swift YouTube playlist streaming through Chromecast on your TV
- Fresh flowers
- A swanky Facebook invite
- No men! (Although Kyle did join the last hour, but he didn't mind our TSwift playlist)