- I still haven't fully recovered from jet lag (going to bed super early, waking up when the sun does--which is way too early)
- After church Sunday, Kyle and I went to eat Chinese food and I put the leftovers in my purse (because having to carry everything in NY is sometimes so dumb)--where my camera was. The leftovers leaked soy sauce. Now my camera smells like soy sauce broccoli chicken (but it still works I think).
- I got to see a ballet this weekend (La Bayadere) because my awesome/art-appreciative/smart friend had an extra ticket. It was so good!!!
- I started my new job last week (wahoo!) so continually exploring the West Village a lot now. It's so cool and hip and quiet and I wish I lived there.
Now that it's summer I normally crave fruit desserts instead of heavy chocolate things. These were so easy to make and since blueberries are in season it tasted wonderful! In total it took about 5-10 minutes prep, 25 minutes baking. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon snack, sitting on the back porch with sweet iced tea. Or, inside your tiny apartment with the windows wide open ; )
Baked Blueberry Crumble (two servings)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl combine blueberries with cornstarch and sugar. Fill in two small ramekins and set aside on baking sheet.
In a new bowl combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter and mush together with hands to make a crumbly mixture. (More butter may be added if necessary.)
Top blueberry-filled ramekins with the crumbly mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes. Topping should be golden and fruit filling bubbly. : )
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3 Tbl. flour
- 3 Tbl. rolled oats
- 3 Tbl. brown sugar
- cinnamon to taste
- 2 Tbl. butter