Mother's Day is just around the corner! If you haven't made plans yet for your mom yet, it's not too late. A mother's day tradition in my family is to take mom out to lunch or brunch to a restaurant of her choice after church. Recently I have started using the Open Table app to make reservations.It is fantastic! The app is so easy to navigate, very user-friendly, and allows you to scroll through restaurants, read rating and reviews, view the restaurant's menu or website, and all the times available for a reservation. It is so simple, and I love just being able to show up (without calling) and my table is ready! If you live in the NYC area, here are a few of my favorite brunch/lunch suggestions for mom. They can also all be reserved through Open Table!
1) Jack's Wife Freda - A lovely brunch spot located in both the West Village and in NoLita. They serve American-Mediterranean inspired dishes. I recommend the eggs shakshuka.
2) Sarabeth's - The cutest little restaurant and the best jam and muffins. I also think they may do the best eggs benedict I have ever had! Hands down--a great place to take mom.
3) Brasserie 8 1/2 - Kyle has taken me here for dinner on a couple of occasions (one to celebrate our anniversary). They have great French food and have a very quiet and tranquil dining space.
4) Russian Tea Room - I've only heard great things about this place--but "Tea Room" just screams Mom to me!
5) Fig & Olive - Oh my goodness...this place. The bread, the olive oils, the crostini, the cocktails. Sooooo good.
6) Gyu-Kaku - For the more adventurous mom :) ! This Japanese BBQ place provides the meat and then you cook it yourself on a grill in the middle of the table. SO fresh and so fun!
7) Murray's Cheese Bar - The best cheese. AND wine pairings. Enough said!
8) Carmine's - Yummy Italian food in family style portions. Try the chicken parmesan!